This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA - calling a MSI file

3 replies to this topic

georgef

georgef
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2001 - 08:39

Please me tell why am I getting an internal error 2723 when calling a MSI file with a CA? Is it correct to include the MSI file in a component even if I do not want to install it? A simple installation is now turning into a nightmare. Any help will be appreciated.

AndrewWalker

AndrewWalker
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2001 - 17:38

How exactly are you calling the MSI?  If you are using ISWI, the best way is an IScript with a line like this:

LaunchAppAndWait(WINSYSDIR ^ "MSIExec.exe", "/i MSIFile.msi", WAIT);

If MSIFile might be a long file name, you'll need to enclose it in quotes.  (Thus, the second parameter becomes "/i \"MSIFile.msi\"".)

Does that help?

georgef

georgef
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 16:06

Andrew,
1st Question: Is it better to call the MSI from script rather than using a CA ?
2nd Quention: How do I add the MSI file to the main setup source disk, when building the main setup? I don not want to copy it after the build. Obviously the MSI is not part of my installed files so I dont want to include it in a component that will be installed. I remember IS 5 allowing me to add files during the build phase and add it to the source. I am unable to find anything like that with ISWI 2.03.

Regards
GeorgeF

(Edited by georgef at 4:07 pm on Mar. 30, 2001)