This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

FeatureGetData Usage problem

1 reply to this topic

Finny

Finny
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 20:37

Please help!

Iam trying to use featuregetdata to display whether the user has selected a feature in the selection tree or not.

Ive managed to write a recursive vbscript that concatenates all the relevant Parent and child feature entries listed in the feature table columns and it produces a results file such as;

RootFeatureParent1\\subFeatureChild1\\subFeaturegrandChild1
RootFeatureParent1\\subFeatureChild2
RootFeatureParent2\\subfeatureChild21\\subfeatureChild211\\..
etc

So that all subfeatures have a full path entry right from the feature root.

Now, in Installscript I read this file, line by line and use it in
featuregetdata to findout if the user has selected it. BTW, using a loaded feature stringlist doesn't work because the full path isn't provided and so featuregetdata fails.

Anyway, if I test my installscript by using a literal string like;    "RootFeature\\Subfeaturechild1\\SubfeatureChild11" (cut and pasted from the actual results file) in the featuregetdata function, the function returns the correct result according to the selection in the tree. Fine.

Obviously when calling the function for each line I substitute the above for the string variable representing the latest line from the results file. But the featuregetdata function fails to recognize the feature. ??. I messagebox on each line pass so I know the string being passed to the function is ok. I ve even prepended and appended quotation marks to the string variable and passed that in to the function - I know,  Iam desperate!. What am doing wrong? I cant believe the function wont accept a variable for the feature name...Iam obviously missing something here??
Please help!!

Thanks
Fin ???

Finny

Finny
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 16:26

Ok,got it, the help files say "\\" - fine for a literal string entry for the function. Use a "\" to delimit feature and subfeature if using a string variable...Silly me!

Fin