This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Parsing ini files and conditions

7 replies to this topic

rrotondi

rrotondi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 21:14

I need some help with the usage of inilocator and conditions.
I have this ini that is to be read by the package and based on the entries therein certain features would be installed.. i'm able to read the ini and get values stored in variables.  unfortunatly my conditions are not working at all.. I'm not sure if its an install level problem or a condition problem. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 23:39

What sort of conditions are you trying to evaluate?

rrotondi

rrotondi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 00:27

it's an application suite that would install portions of itself based on what is contained in an ini. example

[application]
help=yes
source=yes
;training=yes

(semi colon is used comment out all entries that are not wanted on the client)
with the inilocator it would evalute all entries under [application] section. So if help=yes gets read, the word yes would be imported into a  variable by the name of testvalue as an example. Thus a condition of testvalue=yes would be placed under the feature. If this condition is true then i would like that feature installed else skipped.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 06:31

You condition should be
testvalue="yes"
(put string literals in quotes)
What level do you assign if the condition is true, what is the default level of the features, and what is the INSTALLLEVEL of your setup package?

Feature conditions are evaluated during CostFinalize, i.e. you must set these properties before costing.

rrotondi

rrotondi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 08:49

the installevel is 100.. i have set the features to 150 and the condition level to 50. That way it would only be installed if the condition is true..

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 14:10

That sounds correct. Are the properties you use in your conditions set before CostFinalize?

rrotondi

rrotondi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 18:31

i've placed the signatures from the inilocator into appsearch. In my sequence appsearch comes before launch conditions and costfinalize. I've stepped thru the debugger and my propriety gets filled with the correct value as i step over appsearch. It's as if its ignoring my conditions.  I've even initialized my variable to with a value of "No" in my propriety manager. Reguardless the feature gets installed whether the condition is true or false.