This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How can I set a property from a deferred CA?

3 replies to this topic

Puttam

Puttam
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 18:38

Hi,

I would be very grateful if anyone can give me information on the following points:

1. How can I set a property after a deferred CA is executed?(in the execute sequence)
I need to set it because, when the user clicks cancel after this point I have to redo the CA's execution. Is there any better way of doing this? I read that rollback CA doesnt execute when setup is cancelled.

2. How can I call my Custom Action when uninstallation is done through Add/Remove programs? A few of the custom actions are not being called. They are called fine when done through msi. I have given the condition as "Installed" for those CAs.

3. Is there any difference between Windows Terminal Server and Win2000 Professional? cos i see that any shortcuts created are not being removed in TSE after uninstallation.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Mahesh

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 20:43

1. I don't think you can set a property from a deferred CA. Rollback CA should be executed when the user cancels setup.

2. Make sure it's in the Execute sequence, not the User Interface sequence.

3. Are you installing on Terminal Server while logged on locally, or remotely? This would make a big difference.

Puttam

Puttam
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 10:26

Thanks for clearing my doubts.

1. Regarding the rollback actions getting executed when user cancels setup, i read one of your earlier comments which says that rollback occurs only when an error happens in a DEFERRED CA. So, how is it related to user canceling the setup? I am making a few changes to the system like registering some services before starting them, creating virtual directories etc. Rollback is not happening when user cancels the setup. I need to know how far the installation is done before the user canceling the setup so that i can rollback only those. Is there any way i can know about this without setting the property (which as you told is not possible from a deferred CA)? Rollback actions are not being performed when setup is cancelled.

2. I am loggin into Terminal server locally. Can you please give me a few details on what needs to be taken care in such a case?

Thanks a lot
Mahesh

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 14:40

Rollback happens if setup is cancelled between InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize (or actually during InstallFinalize while the installation script is being executed). Except on machines where Rollback is disabled.