This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Cannot see translated license

7 replies to this topic

shuttledude

shuttledude
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 14:21

I have an InstallShield 5.1 Pro French / English installation which always displays the English version of the license.txt file, even if I select to install in French. I have placed the English license.txt in Setup Files / Uncompressed Files / 0009-English / OS Independent, and the French license.txt in Setup Files / Uncompressed Files / 040c-French (Standard) / OS Independent .

I even tried manually copying the French license.txt file to the Disk 1 / setupdir / 040c subdirectory, but that did not fix the problem.

Can anyone help? blink.gif

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 15:28

do you also have a license.txt in the language independent folder?

shuttledude

shuttledude
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 21:15

No. There is no license.txt file in any Language Independent folder (compressed or uncompressed).

Here is more information that might help figure out what is happening: I noticed that I had the English version of license.txt on Disk1 (our command line build process copies it there, a leftover from the days of English-only builds). I have verified that THIS is the file which is displayed regardless of language chosen. So, I thought that by deleting this file it would fix the problem. But now, I see no license agreement displayed at all! sad.gif

I have also tried two other things: (a) in the *.ipr file I noticed that the CurrentLanguage field was set to English. I blanked out that field, recompiled, but still got the same result. (cool.gif in the project IDE I noticed that my French license.txt is in the Splash Screen / French (Standard) subitem, and not in the French (Standard) / Operating System Independent subitem. I inserted the French license.txt file into the French (Standard) / Operating System Independent area, recompiled, same result.

This thing is stuck on English! I suppose I could place both languages into one license file if I have to.

I appreciate any other suggestions you can make.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:11

Did you:
- insert those files in the respective Setup Files sections in the IDE
- rebuild your media under a new name
- run the setup on a clean machine
- verify that the license file gets copied to the SUPPORTDIR

shuttledude

shuttledude
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 15:47

Thanks for the response, but that did not work either. In the meantime I have tried many other things which have failed to work. The only time I can see the license.txt file is if it located in the same directory as setup.exe. It will then display that same file regardless of the language selected.

I wonder if there is a setting in the IDE that specifies in effect "look in the following directory to find the license.txt file"??

It does not seem to be an InstallShield bug, because if I create a new small test project that is French and English, and place my license.txt files in the areas documented in my earlier posts, then all is well. That's why I think there must be a setting that specifies "where" to look for the license.txt file.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 12:02

You specify the file location in the SdLicense function call. Compare the 4th parameter of a working script with your failing script.

shuttledude

shuttledude
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 22:57

Thanks Stefan that worked! In my source code it was using SRCDIR instead of SUPPORTDIR ... of course that explains everything.

By the way, I'm not being notified via email whenever someone replies to one of my posts. ohmy.gif I thought I had set that option up when I registered. What must I do to enable this feature?

1000 THANKS Stefan!! biggrin.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:43

In "My Controls" under "E-Mail Settings" do you have "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?" checked?

And when you reply to a message, do you have "You are currently receiving email notification of replies" (below Enable emoticans and Enable signature)?