This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

key file deletion across versions

1 reply to this topic

aarthi_m

aarthi_m
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:45

I'm having issues with removing the key file of the component between versions.

Version 1.0 of the product had comp1 with 10 files. In version 2.0, i remove 5 files and add 3 new files. To note, the key file of the component got removed in version 2.0.
So, on a major upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 only the 3 new files are left. All the other files get deleted. According to my understanding, this is because the key file of the component is removed and hence all the files of the component gets deleted at the end of upgrade[when the installer tries to remove ver 1.0 files].

To fix this, i added a dummy key file in 2.0. This ensures that all required files are retained at the end of upgrade. But the 5 files which got deleted in 2.0 are not getting deleted at the end of upgrade.

Any idea why this is happening? Is this because, the installer finds the key file and so retains all the files of the component? How can i handle this situation?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:26

does component 2.0 know about the 5 files from version 1.0?

If not, then you will have to add these into the RemoveFiles table.