This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

activation service is not localized

6 replies to this topic

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:26

Hello,

I'm using InstallShield 11 with HotFix 4 installed.
I have a problem which I want to describe to you below.
I have created localized builds for few languages (Spanish, French) and the problem appears when the activation process is made: for Spanish localization, the dialogs from the activation service are not localized. This is the only language which is not localized during the activation process. The other languages (German, French, Italian …) worked fine.

I have tried to find something related to this issue into the Knowledge Base articles, but I wasn’t able to find something reliable.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 15:37

Please, I need some help on this direction ... I still was unable to find something.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 18:55

Is Spanish listed anywhere as supported language? Which language doesit display instead? Did you double check your regional settings?

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 21:39

Hi Stefan and thank you for taking attention to this topic.

Spanish is listed as available language in [/I]Setup Languages[I] in Project properties tab. When i created the release media, i have choosen spanish as default language. Also, the Update Service and Trialware modules, are available for all languages which are selected from Setup Languages in Project properties. Another think that intrigues me is that the same algorithm was used for other languages (french, german) and for those languages works without any problems (all activation process is localized).

When I installed spanish release, the activation dialogs are english.

The system I installed the spanish was spanish windows. I have tried also on Windows XP and Windows 2000, and on neither of these systems, the activation worked.

As a conlusion, the activation was in english and de-activation (when the unregister process is performed) did not work on spanish XP/2000.

Thank you and I'm looking forward for a solution ...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:22

Sorry I'm not very experienced with the Activation Service. I know Spanish is supported in InstallShield but don't know if it's also available in Update Service. Also you didn't answer my question about the regional settings. Note that you can have a Spanish Windows with regional settings set to English, which will resiult in English dialogs.
BTW doesn't the Activation Service contract include support? Did you contact Macrovision about this?

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 21:33

I have also place a ticket on Macrovision support site, and to answer your question, the regional settings were correctly set.
Right now, I'm waiting for an answer from Macrovision.

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:04

I have got a reply from Macrovision support and they agreed with me that this seems to be a bug related to the localization of strings from Activation service for Spanish.