This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MULTI CD INSTALLATION

5 replies to this topic

gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 10:44

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to setup Installshiled pro 6.X to span over more than one CD...how i set it up? or any links to some support...?

Regards gsc1ugs

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 13:49

Why the duplicate post?  By the way, this place is usually pretty quite over the weekend, so you're not likely to get a response until today.

Unfortunately, I'm not absolutely certain how to correctly span CDs since I never had a setup large enough to require it.  I would venture to guess that it would automatically do it around the 650 MB marker, or you could induce it by making Custom media with user-defined media size.

Either way the setup will automatically prompt for Disk2 containing Data3.cab.

user posted image

gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 11:25

I am under the impression that you must leave all the work to Installshield.... and any predefined components added should also be managed by Install shield ... anyone else?

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 15:32

Actually I usually find there are two ways to perform most functions.  Allowing InstallShield to perform the function or using the script to do it.  It's normally easier to allow InstallShield to do the work, but sometimes you need to just do the darn thing yourself :) .  I can't help you with the scripting on this problem; however, I'm sure there is someone out there able to help.

Good luck
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

gsc1ugs

gsc1ugs
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 16:57

Is there anyone with a snippet of a script..?

lliberty

lliberty
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 23:29

You can make an install span more than one CD in couple of ways:

**Specify that the media size be small enough so that it will automatically take 2 or more disks. You can do this by creating a custom media type (right-click on the Project root and select New Media->Custom).

** You could also reserve space on disk1 (or any other disk). Again in the Media pane, you can select the Advanced button and choose a disk to reserve space on.