This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do you patch an InstallScript Project?

2 replies to this topic

zmh

zmh
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 20:22

I just want to create a patch or upgrade that updates an installation (created from "InstallShield Project") and requires that a previous version be installed (1.2).

- I tried to use QuickPatch, but it requires an MSI file, and I had to recreate the project as "Basic MSI Project" to get the MSI file. However, patching this way does not work, because the installer does not recognize the previous installation, even if both the original "InstallScript Project" and recreated "Basic MSI Project" have the same Product GUID.

- I tried to simply create an upgrade installation by adding only the files to be updated to a new "InstallScript Project" installation. There is a field under the heading Update that has the label "Supported Version(s)". I filled in "1.2". However, the actual installation runs without 1.2 or any version being previously installed.

Help? Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 20:41

Update your existing project. In the release settings, generate a differential update.

zmh

zmh
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 21:08

Thank you so much. smile.gif