This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MDAC 2.7?

4 replies to this topic

• 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 18:49

Anybody get the MDAC 2.7 RTM version that can be found here to actually work?

I haven't been very successful with it in my MSI 2.03 package.

BTW, what does RTM stand for anyway?

Thanks.

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 March 2002 - 10:09

I have used the MDAC 2.7 merge module from this site successfully.  What problem(s) are you having?

btw, RTM stands for "release to manufacture".  Some places call this the "gold" release.
Anthony Glenwright
Inventua

• 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2002 - 15:35

Quote (aglenwright @ Mar. 05 2002,04:09)
I have used the MDAC 2.7 merge module from this site successfully.  What problem(s) are you having?

btw, RTM stands for "release to manufacture".  Some places call this the "gold" release.

Well, I was looking in the registry to see if version value updated from the current one that I have...

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Advanced INF Setup\MDAC_CORE and the key ComponentVersion.

Before I start, I have version 2.60.6526.3 and then it still stays the same after I run the install.  Under "Specify Application Data >> Merge Modules", I have MDAC2.7RTM checked and the conditional installation is checked on the right for the feature (I only have one) on the right.

How else can I check to see if the Merge Module installed correctly?  Since the version didn't change, that is why I thought it doesn't work.

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 04:01

You mention the "conditional installation" check box?  Is there a condition on the merge module?
Anthony Glenwright
Inventua

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 10:43

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem.
No file was upgraded with this Merge Module. For example, after the installation, the files Msdadc.dll and Oledb32.dll (which should be upgraded) are still with the original version.

Any idea?

Thank you,
Ajawl