This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1402

5 replies to this topic

Laurent COMPERE

Laurent COMPERE
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2001 - 07:40

Running my setup under Win 98 SE on a new Compaq PC with no others softwares installed, the following message is displayed:
Error 1402: Could not open the key Software\\My software name\4.0.0. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key.
I reinstalled Win 98 SE after formatting hard disk. Then the message is not displayed !
Any idea ?
Thanks.

GeorgePlummer

GeorgePlummer
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2001 - 13:30

I have encountered the same error when running our previously tested installation on a Win2000 server.
The user has admin rights, and the log file seems to have stopped logging before the rollback. The last lines are....

Action ended 10:27:35: InstallFiles. Return value 1.
MSI © (80:64): Doing action: StreamFFServer
Action start 10:27:35: StreamFFServer.
MSI © (80:64): Creating MSIHANDLE (77) of type 790542 for thread 1380
MSI © (80:64): Doing action: STREAM_DCOMPerm
MSI © (80:64): Creating MSIHANDLE (81) of type 790542 for thread 1380
MSI © (80:64): Creating MSIHANDLE (81) of type 790542 for thread 1380

Anyone have any ideas?

Kelly Russell

Kelly Russell
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 19:35

I have a end user that is getting the same error. Has anyone figured out what is going on and how it can be resolved? Thanks

Here is some more info. Last couple lines of logfile before rollback.

WriteRegistryValues: Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\\Express Software Manager 5.01\5.01, Name: AppStartUpScreen, Value:
Internal Error 2835. ErrorIcon, SetupError
Error 1402.Could not open key: Software\\Express Software Manager 5.01\5.01.  System error 87.  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
MSI (s) (47:22): Product: Express Software Manager 5.01 -- Error 1402.Could not open key: Software\\Express Software Manager 5.01\5.01.  System error 87.  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I have verified that the end user has full rights to the registry. ??? Wierd.
Can anyone help here? Thanks.

(Edited by Kelly Russell at 5:53 pm on May 31, 2001)

Kelly Russell

Kelly Russell
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 22:41

I found this on the Install Shield site:

"Installing a setup that included the Access97 object on a machine where the company name was not set resulted in run time error 1402."

So just need to fill in organization name on "Customer Information" dialog box to fix the problem. This infomation is usually filled in by InstallShield if present, here is where it gets the info:

for 95, 98:
KEY: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
VALUE: RegisteredOrganization

for NT, W2K:
KEY: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

End User

End User
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:36

QUOTE (Kelly Russell @ 2001-06-12 22:41)
ABOUT run time error 1402.

for NT, W2K:
KEY: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

The same key for Vista 32/64. Filling organization works - the Error 1402 disappeared.

Filling in the InstallShield dialog box does not work (attempt on Vista x64 SP1). I've built the key+value in my InstallShield installer, no problems, the trick has succeeded. I realize that some users will be angry if they find their organization name is changed, but... wink.gif Probably I must spare some time to write a script which changes this key ONLY if it's blank.

Kelly Russell, thanks, bravo, bravisimo, evallah, спасибо, mersi, danke, благодаря!

Edited by End User, 18 October 2008 - 09:52.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:56

QUOTE (End User @ 2008-10-18 08:36)
Probably I must spare some time to write a script which changes this key ONLY if it's blank.

There's no need for script to achieve that. You can use SystemSearch to look for the value and set a property accordingly. Your feature or component can then be installed depending on that property's content.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.