This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modify Option

1 reply to this topic

bantisk

bantisk
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:28

ph34r.gif I am using Install Shield Pro 6.1 and i want to disable Modify Option in Maintance mode because it is useless for me. Can any one help/

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 15:56

From the two drop down listings in IS, choose 'Before Move Data' from the first such element and 'Maintenance UI Before' for the second such element.

If necessary, that will in turn add the default code for the OnMaintUIAfter function and also give that focus.

Now there are a few ways to disable the Modify option depending on how you want to handle the other Maintenance operations.

1. Since that's a predefined dialog, one way would be to modify the Dlg_SdComponentTree section, so that in the case of nType = MODIFY, you display a message box saying it's not applicable and jump back to Dlg_Start.

2. Another approach is to modify the Dlg_Start section, and replace the default nType = SdWelcomeMaint(szTitle, szMsg, MODIFY); code with your an alternative dialog. Since there isn't a canned option with Repair and Remove in mind, you'll have to use like AskOptions or SdAskOptions. Use the help for more information about these dialogs, and if you'd like additional choices, then try Tools | Dialog Sample to check out all of the built-in ones.

3. Lastly, if you don't really need those other maintenace operations, then you could more severely modify the default code to just say do a remove after the user confirm the uninstall operation.
user posted image