This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Copying files to new names.

1 reply to this topic

adrianw

adrianw
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 23:22

Hi,

I've got a legacy product that I've packed up using WinInstall LE, which all [seems] to work fine.

However in this application I have the need to copy two files which I prepared earlier, into a specific location in the installation incorporating the computer name (%COMPUTERNAME%).

To clarify using the following batch command on a computer called 'ORAC'

copy c:\temp\filename_ c:\temp\filename_%COMPUTERNAME%

Would have the desired effect, leaving a file called 'c:\temp\filename_ORAC'

I've had a look at the MoveFile table and read through the SDK stuff about MoveFiles as an action, but it doesn't quite fit. I want the installer to put the files in place for me, then move them to the new name. But Movefiles is run before Installfiles and the Movefile locations seem to be restricted to a finite list.

I haven't really started expermenting with this yet, I was hoping that someone out there could save me the time.

Am I going to have to create a Custom action for this seemingly simple activity?

Regards,

Adrian.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:45

The MoveFiles table is run by the MoveFiles action.

In the Windows Installer SDK is states that the MoveFiles action must be located before InstallFiles.

Have you tried using the MoveFiles table?

If not you will have to create a custom action.