This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Enable Back Button on Dlg_Welcome

4 replies to this topic

cswarwick

cswarwick
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2002 - 01:04

Hi all, I've searched InstallShield's KnowledgeBase and come up empty.  I need to enable the Back button on the Welcome screen because we're putting a dialog in front of it.  I've tried using the Enable function and it didn't seen to work.  I have a feeling I may be using it in the wrong context, since I'm simply doing the following:

Enable(BACKBUTTON);
nResult = SdWelcome( szTitle, szMsg );

Does anyone have any pointers, tips, help?  Thanks!!

Christina  :D

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 March 2002 - 02:01

Humm.  From my limited experience with modify default dialogs, I would think you may have to go the custom dialog route.

Either that, or use something else in place of the actual welcome dialog, but with similar text.  Like a more generic dialog which you can just populate with the necessary text.
user posted image

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 March 2002 - 13:46

Hi Christina,

TacoBell00 is right, you'll have to create a custom dialog box.
Problem is that in the code handling SdWelcome has got a hardcoded Disable of the 'Back' button, so no amount of overriding can Enable it  :(  .
What you have to do is write your own code handling the dialogbox. Of course, since the default IS Welcome dialog has got the correct layout and all the buttons you need, you can use the standard IS dialog-box for this (ID 10205).

Success, Ide

hjia

hjia
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2002 - 21:27

Dialog nResult =  Welcome (szTitle, 0) has a back button.

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 11:54

As does SdWelcome. Problem is you can't enable it. See my previous reply. ???