This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Getting FilePathNames from within the Component

1 reply to this topic

281developer

281developer
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 23:00

I have a pure Installscript project. In it I am writing an installscript that creates a list of all the files included in each component in all the features in the project. I had initially tried FeatureFileEnum however I only get the shortname of the files and I need the full pathname.

In the installshield forum I saw a thread where someone used MsiGetActiveDatabase, MsiDatabaseOpenView, etc... to query the database and get the fullname of the files within each component.

http://community.ins...featurefileenum

However I don't know whether or not I can actually use windows installer functions in a pure installscript project. I tried referencing them inside my script without success. I wonder if I even would have access to the same databases given that I am not using the msi engine to build the setup.exe file.... I really don't know

My question is: does anyone know how I can get the full pathname of the files included in the project?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 16:53

You can't use MSI functions in a non-MSI project.

Maybe LongPathFromShortPath would do what you need.