This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ALLUSERS property may cause Error 1303

4 replies to this topic

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:23

As I wanted my default install for All Users, I hardcoded it in the property table with ALLUSERS=1

I tried different INSTALLDIRs and for some of them, I got the following error during install:
Error 1303.The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory

So far, I do not understand why because I have no access problem to these directories since I can create/copy there any folder via the Windows Explorer without trouble!

It took me long to find out it has to see with the property "ALLUSERS".

If I make an "OnlyCurrentFolder" installation, then I have no problem.

I thought that ALLUSERS has only to do with the shortcuts, what is the role played by the property ALLUSERS on INSTALLDIR???

Edited by kgiloo, 29 November 2006 - 10:26.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 14:11

The ALLUSERS property affects the DesktopFolder, ProgramMenuFolder, StartMenuFolder, and StartupFolder locations. It also impacts registry locations (for HKEY_USER_SELECTABLE entries).

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 15:17

in other words no direct influence on targetdir.

Have you any idea why it fails to create this folder although I can create it manually? Does the Installer tend to do anything else at op "FolderCreate"?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 16:14

No idea. And it complains about your INSTALLDIR?
Did you generate a log, maybe it has some additional information.

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 16:44

The log says it just complains about access to INSTALLDIR.
Once again, this does not occur for all directories (Program Files is OK), but when it fails it's only when ALLUSERS is set to '1'.

CODE

MSI (s) (B8:D4) [13:58:04:759]: Executing op: FolderCreate(Folder=C:\Dest\temp\usr\local\Dum\,Foreign=0,SecurityDescriptor=BinaryData)
MSI (s) (B8:D4) [13:58:04:759]: Note: 1: 1303 2: C:\Dest\temp\usr\local\Dum
MSI (s) (B8:D4) [13:58:11:696]: Product: Dummy -- Error 1303.The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Dest\temp\usr\local\Dum.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.

I found an ultimate workaround, create my INSTALLDIR in a deferred exec CA placed after "RemoveFolders", setup goes through, I guess it's not the state-of-the-art in a basic msi(?)
sad.gif