This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

setupapi.dll

3 replies to this topic

arobinson_uk

arobinson_uk
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 17:59

When using InstallShield 6.3 to install software, I get an error during both the installation and un-installation processes. A message box appears with the title 'Advanced Inf Installer' with a message of 'Error Loading setupapi.dll'. This is repeated a number of times, usually when trying to install msxml3 components. Has anyone encountered this problem before and is there a solution?

Thanks,
ARobinson.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 20:58

Are you using an XML3 object or a custom component/filegroup?
user posted image

arobinson_uk

arobinson_uk
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 21:50

I'm using my own custom Component/FileGroup .... basically a self-registering file group containing msxml3.dll and a non-self-registering one containing msxml3a.dll and msxml3r.dll. The actual message appears around 7 times on install and even more frequently on uninstall.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 23:47

Yeah, I have a manual XML3 component of my own, so I'm aware of the process.  However, are you certain that XML is the reason for your errors?

Either way, two things to try:
1. Move the msxml3.dll file to the non-reg. file group and instead manually register in your script.

2. Switch to batch self. reg. mode via
Enable(SELFREGISTERBATCH);

The reason for each of these approaches is that the supporting DLLs must be present BEFORE the main file can be properly registered.  The default registration approach does NOT ensure this since its done as they are copied.
user posted image