This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup package compatible for all windows platform

3 replies to this topic

Anamika

Anamika
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:11

I have created a Software in VB using backend access that is to be used in diffrent countries like usa,japan,china.
I want to create one setup package that would run on windows platforms like 95,98,2000,ME (machine
and  laptop both).

I have made the setup by installshield 6.11 on win98 machine and the software was developed on win 2000. I have checked depandeny through manager and added all the required files in setup.

My problem is that setup runs ok in win200, but in case of  win98 it some crashes the sytem requiring to reload win98.
On Laptop setup runs ok in winows Me but in win 2000 the system crashs.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 23:52

Moved to the correct forum.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 23:59

This typically mean that you have included some file(s) in your setup that you should not include, e.g. a core operating system file. Or some runtime file exists in two flavors, one for 95/98/Me family, and one for NT4/2000/XP family. You will have to go through all your files (especially those with destination directory WINDIR or WINSYSDIR).

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 02:12

Also, for the VB runtime support, you're better off using the standard InstallShield object than try and make your own runtime collection.
user posted image