This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

File Group properties

1 reply to this topic

mstembri

mstembri
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 14:52

I have a predefined variable called <FOO> and a second File group called FooFiles.

In the console I can double click the Destination property to change this to various predefined directories. Cool, but my predefined directory <FOO> was not listed among these. I noticed the text on the top of the screen stating I could add a script variable by clicking the New Folder.

Since I would like to copy these files to <FOO> I followed the given instructions and entered <FOO>. A warning appears stating that, "The folder name you specified already exists or is a predefined folder name. Please specify another name".

What gives?

vuttex

vuttex
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 14:03

This dialog is not working that well according to me. I have had many errors with it when I upgrade projects from older versions of InstallShield. Also when you copy file groups from another project you will have some problem.

You should rename variable <FOO> and create the folder with the new name instead.