This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update and uninstall problems

4 replies to this topic

samay

samay
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:02

HI,

We have prepared an installer using Installshield 11. It is running on the client machine now.

But we have a small issue regarding update and uninstallation.

When the product does the auto update, manifest files are added...But when we uninstall the product from Add/Remove programs, we found that the manifest files are not deleted...

could you please suggest how we could solve this problem by making some changes in installer or programatically....

please guide me as i'm very new to Installshield and am clueless..

Hope to hear from you soon..

Thanks and Regards.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 21:27

You could either install dummy manifest files with your setup, so that they will be uninstalled. Or add rows to the RemoveFile table (in DirectEditor) to delete them.

samay

samay
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:53

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a ton for your reply. I'm sorry I'm replying after a very long time.

I wont be able to adopt your solution. I'll explain the entire issue to you.

We have created an installation using Installshield 11 and it has been deployed in the client systems. So we cant make any changes in the installer, as at this point of time. We also cannot give the clients a new installer...

The issue is with the autoupdate functionality. During autoupdate, the old files are replaced with the updated ones and along with that some manifest files are also added.

When the client tries to uninstall the product, all files are deleted but the manifest files that were added are not deleted!!! We need to make some change in the code so that the manifest files are deleted during uninstallation via Add/Remove programs.

What ever changes we have to make is now limited to changes in the code!!!!

Please help and guide me on the above lines

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

samay

samay
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:00

Hi,

Please some one reply to my query and help me solve the issue!!!!!

Edited by samay, 26 March 2009 - 06:01.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:32

See my reply to your silimar question at http://forum.install...showtopic=19009