This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Cache WebDownload fails on Vista

5 replies to this topic

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:46

Hi all
I am using IS7.
I tested one setup.exe which used to install perfectly on win xp on a vista machine.

In Setup.exe i had made CacheWeb Download to Yes. If i run the same setup in Vista it wont allow the installer to save in that directory (C:\windows\downloadedinstallation) and the setup fails. Only option left is Seleclt No in CacheWeb Download..

Can some body tell me how to use this option (Cache Web Download=Yes ) in vista or where the Vista OS saves it.

thanks
Sarfu

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 22:08

Not sure about version 7 but in the current versions you can specify the default location for the web download in the build settings.

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:14

Hi Stephan Can u please guide me in this

Can we Change the Custom Aaction Dynamically i.e through Automation Scripts
ISWiCustomActions.

i am able to change the name of CustomActions and also count the number of Custom Actions Present from outside( through Automation Scripts).

but can i change the column "FileName and CommandLine" in Custom Action( of type New Exe and Path Ref a Directory) with the help of script or what ever.

What i need is, The file name(infact its a plugin.dll) which i have to register wont be known to me during the design time and it will only be known when the build is given. Depending on the build the name of .dll will change. To register that dll i am now using C++ exe to find the file and register it.

It seems the customer wont want the C++ exe to do this. Can some body do this Only with IS without help of C++ exe..

Please kindly reply this forum its urgent...

thanks
sarfu

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 15:49

Please don't mix threads. I'll reply to your question in the original thread: http://forum.install...showtopic=16033

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:41

Thanks Stephan

and i beg ur pardon for mixing threads

BourqueJ

BourqueJ
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 17:58

I having the same issue. I have set, in my build settings, to cache my "Install from the web" package into "[LocalAppDataFolder]Downloaded Installations" but it fail to do so. I am prompted to specify a path to extract the files. And I have the same error when choosing any folders on my machine. (from the prompt)

I did not test on a non-vista machine. Any thoughts?