This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Command line parameters

1 reply to this topic

beltond

beltond
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 14:00

I am putting together an automatic build procedure. After all source code is compiled and prepared I call IS_Build.bat to build the install disk. Everything builds fine and the install file is created but I haven't found a way to change the PRODUCT_VERSION from the string table using the commad line only.

Is there a way to change the value of the PRODUCT_VERSION field in the string table without using the GUI?

Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 14:43

Yeah, I haven't moved to command-line builds yet, so I still manage a similar entry by hand. Although I break it up between the built-in PRODUCT_VERSION and my own PRODUCT_VERSION_BUILD.

I also know this has been asked before, but in the context of changing it on-the-fly through InstallScript, but unfortunately the answers to both questions is no.

However, I'm sure there's probably another way to achieve the same thing. I take it the reason you want to change is to reflect say the true build number of the data files. Well you could leave some hard coded value in the string table, and then have InstallScript to read the version from the file properties for some key data file to display when appropriate. The one downside is that you'd really need to duplicate this data file as part of the compressed file set, so it's easily accessible come install time (e.g. <ISProject>\Setup Files\Compressed Files\Language Independent\OS Independent\license.txt = SUPPORTDIR ^ "license.txt").

Edited by Taco Bell, 14 October 2003 - 14:45.

user posted image