This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

[urgent] Launchappandwait hangs in windows 7

6 replies to this topic

anupamasjce2005

anupamasjce2005
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:05

Hi,

I am facing issue while installing one of the exe.
Below is the code:
here RSC_SETUP=Installing Report Sharing Component...
svBinPath = c:\Program Files\common\bin
In common\bin path my exe is present.
if i go to task manager->process this exe is running and it is not stopping.

function InstallRSC()
NUMBER nResult;

begin
LogWrite("LOG:InstallRSC() enter.\n");

SdShowMsg(@RSC_SETUP, TRUE);
nResult = LaunchAppAndWait (svBinPath ^ RSC_SETUP, "-s", WAIT);

if(nResult < 0 ) then
LogWrite("LOG:Installing RSC failed.\n");
else
LogWrite("LOG:Installing RSC successful.\n");
endif;

LogWrite("LOG:InstallRSC() exit.\n");
end;

when i run this code when the control goes to LaunchAppAndWait line installation is hanging.. i tried to install with "Run as admin" this is also not working.

Can anyone please help me out/any idea????

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 13:41

As previously mentioned here, InstallShield 5.5 was released in 1998 and officially only supports Windows 95, 98, and NT 4.0, so you should really consider upgrading your InstallShield version if you want to run on Windows 7.
user posted image

anupamasjce2005

anupamasjce2005
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:40

HI,

I am facing same problem with IS2010 also.. I run the same code in IS 2010. And installation hangs..Could you please help me out???

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:31

Is RSC_SETUP set to the name of your executable? (You only mentioned it's string table value)

Is RSC_SETUP a setup that was created with InstallShield? If yes, which version?

Does RSC_SETUP properly run with the -s switch when launched from a command prompt instead of from InstallShield?

Did you try ChangeDirectory before LaunchAppAndWait?

You may need to do a LongPathToQuote before calling LaunchAppAndWait (I'm not quite sure about this, and I think it may be different in different versions of InstallShield).

Use a tool like ProcessMonitor from SysInternals to detect any access errors.

Tighe

Tighe
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 20:54

I have a similar problem, I am trying install some software that was built with InstallShield 5.52 when I go to launch in Windows 7 the installer is does nothing. Compatibility mode doesn't resolve the issue.

How would I upgrade the installer? The developer is no longer updating the product.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:12

InstallShield 5 has propblems if the path of the TEMP environment varialbnle is very long. As a test you could try setting TEMP to something like C:\Temp (make sure the directory exists). But that's probably not feasible for your end users.

In general: don't expect 13 year old software (InstallShield 5.52) to work properly on today's Windows version.

bradsmithsite

bradsmithsite
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:33

Same problem with Microangelo 2.0 as well as Sierra Hellfire.

Solution: Del *.pf in C:\Windows\Prefetch.

Yes it's safe, google it.

Hope this helps.