This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL script isn't running in Maintenance Mode

Best Answer AlexSquirrel , 12 March 2016 - 18:21

I have found the problem. When i choosing the feature to install, I was doing doing the action "addLocal" with the argument "ALL" and remove the feature that the client didn't choose. I removed this dialog and now SQL scripts work on reinstall.

That dialog was not important for reinstall in our case so i guess I'm gonna be fine with this solution.

Thank you again Stefan.

Go to the full post

6 replies to this topic

AlexSquirrel

AlexSquirrel
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 18:20

Hi,

It's been almost 4 month that i use InstallShield 2012 Spring. I always find a way to solve my problems. But this time i don't know what to do. I've look on forums all over the Internet but it didn't help.
It's been 6 hours of debugging and i still can't find the problem about SQL scripts. It runs correctly on Install and Uninstall. When i choose the Repair Mode, all CA runs and stuff but SQL script don't even run at all and i don't get any error about it. I'm using BasicMSI.

In the log it always said on REINSTALL : SQLscript.sql is not scheduled to execute.

I use condition for the scripts like : NOT Installed OR REMOVE<>"ALL"

I took a look at the verbose log. This is some part of the log that i think it can have the problem :

1: Beginning SQL Server Costing Process... 
1: Reading the SQL script data from ISSQLConnection table... 
1: ISSQLRequirement table does not exist... 
1: Finished SQL Server Costing Process..

Action start 10:52:35: ISSQLServerInstall.
ISSQLServerInstall: 
Action ended 10:52:35: ISSQLServerInstall. Return value 1.

MSI (s) (B8:8C) [10:52:39:499]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI5EA9.tmp, Entrypoint: ISSQLServerUninstall
1: Processing the SQL connection 'SQLCONNECT'... 
1: Determining if there is at least one SQL script scheduled to execute under the connection... 
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript22.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall, Action=Uninstall, Component State=None, Schema= 
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript30.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall or RunOnUninstall, Action=Uninstall, Component State=None, Schema= 
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript5.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnUninstall, Action=Uninstall, Component State=None, Schema=
1: No SQL scripts scheduled to execute under the connection...Skip. 
1: Skip the SQL connection 'SQLCONNECT'. There is no script to execute under this connection. 

MSI (s) (B8:F8) [10:52:44:437]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI71FA.tmp, Entrypoint: ISSQLServerInstall
1: Processing the SQL connection 'SQLCONNECT'... 
1: Determining if there is at least one SQL script scheduled to execute under the connection... 
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript22.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall, Action=Install, Component State=None, Schema= 
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript30.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall or RunOnUninstall, Action=Install, Component State=None, Schema= 
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript5.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnUninstall, Action=Install, Component State=None, Schema= 
1: No SQL scripts scheduled to execute under the connection...Skip. 
1: Skip the SQL connection 'SQLCONNECT'. There is no script to execute under this connection.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 20:11

It looks like InstallShield's built in custom action is not designed to handle reinstall. So you will probably have to create your own custom action.

AlexSquirrel

AlexSquirrel
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 21:37

Well, it worked before so there must be a solution. There was this tread 'https://community.fl...?t-175444.html'where they found the solution but the link isn't available anymore.

I'm trying to avoid creating CA for SQL scripts execution.

I have another project where it's working fine.

Can anybody help me with this?

Edited by AlexSquirrel, 23 February 2016 - 22:17.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 19:43

If you have a project where it's working, why not compare the two (maybe using Installshield's package diff tool) to see where the settings are difefrent?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 19:47

Oh, and here is the new location for the broken link: https://community.fl...stall component

In general, replace macrovision (the former company name) with flexerasoftware in forum links.

AlexSquirrel

AlexSquirrel
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 16:36

Thank you for the help Stefan.

I've check the correct link and i presume my problem is that the feature has already been installed by default and the component associated to the feature won't be reinstall (including the SQL scripts).

I have a main feature and 3 sub-feature. I have tried to set the REINSTALL property to my main feature name in the UI using the script in the correct link, before the install start.

However, it didn't work. I presume that the action to set the property isn't place where it should to make the SQL script installed again.

Do you know where do i have to set the property so it can force reinstall my feature and all the SQL script associated?

AlexSquirrel

AlexSquirrel
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 18:21   Best Answer

I have found the problem. When i choosing the feature to install, I was doing doing the action "addLocal" with the argument "ALL" and remove the feature that the client didn't choose. I removed this dialog and now SQL scripts work on reinstall.

That dialog was not important for reinstall in our case so i guess I'm gonna be fine with this solution.

Thank you again Stefan.