This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update registry entry on uninstall

Best Answer Stefan Krueger , 04 September 2014 - 15:54

Uninstall will remove all components. Save your data using a custom action.

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

T5_Driver

T5_Driver
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 15:50

Hello all!

I'm trying to update the registry settings for an application during uninstall.  The registry entries are created on install and updated with properties populated by dialog or command line.  A configuration file is also updated with the same settings.

I need to save the settings to the registry in order to persist the installation information so that dialog edit controls are pre-populated when users re-install the product.  Unfortunately, we aren't doing proper upgrades at this time and this methodology keeps customers somewhat happy until we can incorporate a good upgrade process.

I've created a component to update the registry on uninstall with values that are gathered from the configuration file.  I need to do this to be sure to collect and save accurate config info in the case that the config file has been modified.

On uninstall properties are being populated with the updated config settings, I've validated this via the uninstall log file.  However, the component that should be applied on uninstall and update the registry with the new settings is not being applied.  I've added condition "REMOVE~="All"" to the component.

I'm using Installshield 2012 Spring.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Edited by T5_Driver, 04 September 2014 - 15:51.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 15:54   Best Answer

Uninstall will remove all components. Save your data using a custom action.

T5_Driver

T5_Driver
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 15:57

Ok, I was hoping that having the component set to "Permanent" would allow the update to take place.

Thanks Stefan

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 15:58

Yes, you could do this during install, but not during uninstall.