This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

To control the cancel button which calls WINAPI fu

3 replies to this topic

ppathak

ppathak
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:28

Hi,

I need to control the cancel button displayed by the SDDialog boxes in other words I need to overide the default installshield scripts being handled for the event handler function "OnCancelling".
I followed the steps given in the Help of Install shiled 6.31 ie
"
1Place code that defines the event's handler function in the appropriate .rul file.
From the Event Categories list box (the list box on the left of the Script toolbar), select the category or component to which the event belongs.
2.From the InstallShield Events list box (the list box on the right of the Script toolbar), select the event. Code that defines the event's handler function is pasted in ComponentEvents.rul (for component events) or Setup.rul (for other events), and that .rul file opens in the script editor window.
In the script editor window, make the desired changes to the event's handler function code. The next time the setup project is compiled, this modified code will override the event's default action."

But since I am using a procedural program:which begins with
program & end with end program...even if I add my own script in the event handler function & comment the default scrpit ..it is getting ignored and the default event handler is called.Any solution???

Priya

huh.gif huh.gif

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 15:15

It was awhile ago, but as stated here, I've witnessed the exact same thing when using procedural code.

However, I unfortunately don't have a solution/workaround short of switching to an event-based setup which for me wasn't an option at the time.

Edited by Taco Bell, 02 February 2005 - 15:23.

user posted image

ppathak

ppathak
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:18

Yes your problem is very similiar 2 what I am facing 2day..seems I will have to replace all sd dialog boxes with custom dialoq boxes where I can get some control over the cancel button!! ..may be that could be 1 solution...
:::::::::
regards,
Priya

ppathak

ppathak
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:12

huh.gif There seems to be a workaround to handle event handler like cancel button etc even for procedural script
This can be done by using Handler (nObject, Label);

But now the problem which I am facing now is on calling abort; on Service pack 2,sometimes the installation hangs.This is an intermittent problem and particular to service pack 2 so am not getting any clue how to tackle this problem..is there any other stmt similirat to abort which can help me out. sad.gif

help needed !!!
regards,
priya