This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change Destination Folder dialog

Best Answer julienpec , 24 June 2014 - 10:52

Thanks, i'll indeed change my install directory.

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 15:42

Good Afternoon !

I love Installshield because the simpliest things are the hardest ones to do!!

There is my problem !

My current INSTALLDIR is not in Programfilesfolder

INSTALLDIR = C:\Tetra\Palier

When user install the package, by default, the installation occure in this INSTALLDIR, everything here is OK :)

As every software does, you can change your INSTALLDIR during the installation by chosing during the Set up time "Custom" and then "change" and chose the files you want your package installed.

My problem is when you click "change".  the dialog "Change current Destination Folder" suggests me at first the default path (=Instaldir) and i would like that it suggests me at first Program Files in order to orient the user to install the package in program files.

To sum up, the installation works well, i just would like to know if you had any ideas to orient the user to install the package in Program Files if he decides to not install it on the default Installdir.

I've tried to do it with http://shieldmaster....wAAcQAAAFWiBwA= , but like it saids, you get an error a the beginning of the installation (1603) (and i dont know to do the king of custom action he advocates).

I've tried also to change TARGETDIR by PROGRAMFILESFOLDER, but it doesnt work.

Thanks you guys and have a nice week-end ;)

Sorry again for my english.

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 17:03

I tried all i could, it seems impossible !

If i change the property of _browseProperty by ProgramFilesFolder (Button "Change" of DestinationFolder), indeed InstallationChangeFolder shows me the Programes Files repertory (it seems good until now), but when i click on "oK" It comes back to DestinationFolder with the INSTALLDIR.

Edited by julienpec, 10 June 2014 - 17:04.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:41

Have you tried setting INSTALLDIR to the desired value before you show the dialog?

BTW in my opinion this isn't best practice. The dialog should show the current value as default. And speaking of best practice, it's also not recommended to install in C:\

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:52   Best Answer

Thanks, i'll indeed change my install directory.