This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error -6002, -6003 while building ism

Best Answer overlord , 27 August 2015 - 17:02

Ended up upgrading to 2015 which does not seem to have this issue at all. 

Go to the full post

4 replies to this topic

overlord

overlord
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 15:29

A compile for an ism file that was working on thursday is no longer compiling successfully and throws the following: 

• Error while attempting to run the custom build setup for objects - Error Code -6002

I have made no changes to the ism and pulling 4 versions back from the history of known good versions results in the same issue.  It was throwing a -6003 error before which seemed related to a signing issue. So as a temporary work around I disable signing. I had previously found a thread indicating that was a decent work around so I figured I would try it. 

That got rid of the 6003 issue and left me with the 6002 issue. I have tried building the ism on a different build machine and get the same result. If I leave the signing bit alone on the other machine and dont disable it I still get the 6002 error.

TL;DR - I get a -6002 error for no readily apparent reason on an ism that has not changed and used to work just fine. Anyone know the cause? Windows updates? 

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 16:13

If the ism didn't change, then something in your build environment must have changed. There have been some security updates from Microsoft recently. Check the Windows Update history, maybe try uninstalling the most recent update. Of course that's no solution, but might help isolating the cause.

Are you using InstallShield 2015 or an older version? In the latter case, try the 2015 evaluation version to see if the problem is fixed in the new version (there have been some changes related to signing in version 2015)

overlord

overlord
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 20:02

First I tried installing a 2015 trial. 

I got the same result (error -6002)

Then I tried installing it into a VM that has no updates on it

Builds without errors...

seems like its def a windows update issue though I cannot find any updates on the system that were installed recently. I suppose its possible it had a bunch installed months ago and were waiting on a reboot?

Not sure when it registers the install date in the history but the last I see are from July. It was working on Wednesday then the domain controller tanked on thursday. The machine was restarted thursday afternoon when everything was back on line and has not produced a valid installer since.

overlord

overlord
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 20:08

Update - I ran every update I could find and the build server now works again (sorta). It will compile the ism file as long as the signing is disabled. If I try to use signtool.exe to sign the installer after the compile it doesnt seem to work. No errors are reported or anything but when I inspect the file there is no digital signature on it. 

Installshield 2015 can sign it with this certificate without issue.

overlord

overlord
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 17:02   Best Answer

Ended up upgrading to 2015 which does not seem to have this issue at all.